At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
This position offers autonomy as well as the opportunity to lead the core transport function of a leading global supermarket retailer. Our transport leaders are the ones who make all the pieces fit together, whether it's coordinating delivery schedules to an ever growing store network, running the day-to-day operations of the transport area, or managing the rostering and training of team members.
Prior logistics experience is a must to be successful in this role, but more than that, we're looking for results driven leaders with strong organisational skills and the ability to delegate effectively. Being able to solve real business challenges and see the positive impact of your decisions brings great satisfaction and we provide rewards to match: comprehensive training, industry-leading remuneration and flexible work arrangements.
What’s in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $35.05 per hour + penalties + allowance
- Five weeks annual leave
- Flexible work arrangements and different levels of guaranteed contract hours available
- Comprehensive training and development
- First Class equipment and Distribution Centres
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Excellent team culture - work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating store delivery schedules and meeting daily deadlines
- Managing, rostering and coordination of team members
- Developing, training and motivating Transport Operators to the highest quality and standard
- Operating machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Logistics experience, in a management capacity highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Confident and engaging communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
ALDI as an employer: For the planners, the coordinators, the ones who strive for every efficiency. A role in one of our Distribution Centres will place you in ALDI's engine room - disciplined, structured, and constantly striving to achieve goals. With all the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing operation, you'll be supported by great conditions, generous remuneration and a culture that'll bring out the best in you.