A unique and exciting opportunity exists to join our Projects team within ALDI Australia’s National Supply Chain department.
This role reports directly to the Project Director and communicates directly with other members of the Store Design Project team, internal departments, international colleagues and external partners and providers. The Strategic Projects team is responsible for store format and store design development with national and international remit.
At ALDI, our people are the key to our success.
What we're looking for?
At ALDI our people are the key to our success.
The Executive Manager- Projects (Store Design) position is challenging with a high degree of analysis, proactive thinking, planning, responsibility and autonomy. Working in a fast paced environment, the successful candidate will have a diverse role and be in contact with multiple stakeholders both internal and external. You will be self-driven, an innovative thinker and comfortable with challenging situations. As a Store Design Project Manager at ALDI you will be juggling multiple tasks while working against tight deadlines. We also expect you to have high work standards, the ability to learn new tasks quickly and the capability to remain professional at all times.
What's in it for you?
- Market leading remuneration - $130,000 - $175,000*
- Be a part of a leading international retailer
- Comprehensive training and development
- Problem solving real business challenges
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
You will be responsible for:
- Project management of an international store design project from creation to completion
- Key liaison between design agencies and internal stakeholders
- Development and maintenance of design manuals/retail guidelines
- Collaboration and alignment with international procurement arm
- Extensive internal stakeholder engagement across multiple departments both nationally and internationally to drive the execution of the project
- Presentations, key business updates and leading proactive communication flow
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in store format development and/or store design (Food retail experience is preferred but not essential)
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones
- Proven experience taking design projects from concept to completion (greenfield projects)
- Have lead or managed international or national store format roll outs
- Have developed and/or maintained retail guidelines over multiple formats
- In house retail experience liaising across multiple internal stakeholders
- Have developed fixtures, fittings and equipment as part of format development
- Proven commercial and business acumen
- Strong people leadership skills including highly developed communication and influencing skills across a range of stakeholders
- Experience in complex change management projects
- Basic use of Revit, Solidworks, AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite (preferred but not essential)
*Salary includes superannuation. Remuneration varies depending on location and ALDI experience.